Pronunciation: (u-brôd'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/abroad.html on line 73 [key]
1. in or to a foreign country or countries: famous at home and abroad.
2. in or to another continent: Shall we go to Mexico or abroad this summer?
3. out of doors; from one place to another; about: No one was abroad in the noonday heat. The owl ventures abroad at night.
4. spread around; in circulation: Rumors of disaster are abroad.
5. broadly; widely; far and wide.
6. wide of the mark; in error.
a foreign land or lands: imports from abroad.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.