Pronunciation: (ak"si-den'tl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/accidental.html on line 77 [key]
1. happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
2. nonessential; incidental; subsidiary: accidental benefits.
3. Music.relating to or indicating sharps, flats, or naturals.
1. a nonessential or subsidiary circumstance, characteristic, or feature.
2. Music.a sign placed before a note indicating a chromatic alteration of its pitch.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.