Pronunciation: (u-kom'u-dāt"), [key]
—v., -dat•ed, -dat•ing.
1. to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige; to accommodate a friend.
2. to provide suitably; supply (usually fol. by with): to accommodate a friend with money.
3. to lend money to: Can you accommodate him?
4. to provide with a room and sometimes with food.
5. to furnish with accommodations.
6. to have or make room for: Will this elevator accommodate 10 people?
7. to make suitable or consistent; adapt: to accommodate oneself to circumstances.
8. to bring into harmony; adjust; reconcile: to accommodate differences.
1. to become adjusted or adapted.
2. to become reconciled; agree.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.