Pronunciation: (u-kôrd'), [key]
to be in agreement or harmony; agree.
1. to make agree or correspond; adapt.
2. to grant; bestow: to accord due praise.
3. Archaic.to settle; reconcile.
1. proper relationship or proportion; harmony.
2. a harmonious union of sounds, colors, etc.
3. consent or concurrence of opinions or wills; agreement.
4. an international agreement; settlement of questions outstanding among nations.
5. of one's own accord, without being asked or told; voluntarily: We did the extra work of our own accord.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.