Pronunciation: (ad-hē'siv, -ziv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/adhesive.html on line 75 [key]
1. coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
2. sticking fast; sticky; clinging.
3. Physics.of or pertaining to the molecular force that exists in the area of contact between unlike bodies and that acts to unite them.
1. a substance that causes something to adhere, as glue or rubber cement.
2. See adhesive tape.
3. Philately.a postage stamp with a gummed back, as distinguished from one embossed or printed on an envelope or card.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.