Pronunciation: (u-jûrn'), [key]
1. to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
2. to defer or postpone to a later time: They adjourned the meeting until the following Monday.
3. to defer or postpone (a matter) to a future meeting of the same body.
4. to defer or postpone (a matter) to some future time, either specified or not specified.
1. to postpone, suspend, or transfer proceedings.
2. to go to another place: to adjourn to the parlor.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.