Pronunciation: (aj'u-vunt), [key]
1. serving to help or assist; auxiliary.
2. Med.utilizing drugs, radiation therapy, or other means of supplemental treatment following cancer surgery.
1. a person or thing that aids or helps.
2. anything that aids in removing or preventing a disease, esp. a substance added to a prescription to aid the effect of the main ingredient.
3. Immunol.a substance admixed with an immunogen in order to elicit a more marked immune response.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.