Pronunciation: (ad-mīur'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/admire.html on line 77 [key]
—v., -mired, -mir•ing.
1. to regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval.
2. to regard with wonder or surprise (usually used ironically or sarcastically): I admire your audacity.
1. to feel or express admiration.
2. Dial.to take pleasure; like or desire: I would admire to go.
3. be admiring of, Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.to admire: He's admiring of his brother's farm.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.