Pronunciation: (u-dult', ad'ult), [key]
1. having attained full size and strength; grown up; mature: an adult person, animal, or plant.
2. of, pertaining to, or befitting adults.
3. intended for adults; not suitable for children: adult entertainment.
1. a person who is fully grown or developed or of age.
2. a full-grown animal or plant.
3. a person who has attained the age of maturity as specified by law.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.