Pronunciation: (u-frunt'), [key]
1. a personally offensive act or word; deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult: an affront to the king.
2. an offense to one's dignity or self-respect.
1. to offend by an open manifestation of disrespect or insolence: His speech affronted all of us.
2. to make ashamed or confused; embarrass.
3. Archaic.to front; face; look on.
4. Obs.to meet or encounter face to face; confront.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.