Pronunciation: (ā'jid for 1, 2, 5, 6; ājd for 1, 3, 4), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/aged.html on line 79 [key]
1. having lived or existed long; of advanced age; old: an aged man; an aged tree.
2. pertaining to or characteristic of old age: aged wrinkles.
3. of the age of: a man aged 40 years.
4. brought to maturity or mellowness, as wine, cheese, or wood: aged whiskey.
5. Phys. Geog.old; approaching the state of peneplain.
(used with a pl. v.) old people collectively (usually prec. by the): We must have improved medical care for the aged.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.