Pronunciation: (u-glOOt"n-ā'shun), [key]
1. the act or process of uniting by glue or other tenacious substance.
2. the state of being thus united; adhesion of parts.
3. that which is united; a mass or group cemented together.
4. Immunol.the clumping of bacteria, red blood cells, or other cells, due to the introduction of an antibody.
5. Ling.a process of word formation in which morphemes, each having one relatively constant shape, are combined without fusion or morphophonemic change, and in which each grammatical category is typically represented by a single morpheme in the resulting word, esp. such a process involving the addition of one or more affixes to a base, as in Turkish, in which ev means “house,” ev-den means “from a house,” and ev-ler-den means “from houses.”
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.