Pronunciation: (u-grē'munt), [key]
1. the act of agreeing or of coming to a mutual arrangement.
2. the state of being in accord.
3. an arrangement that is accepted by all parties to a transaction.
4. a contract or other document delineating such an arrangement.
5. unanimity of opinion; harmony in feeling: agreement among the members of the faculty.
6. Gram.correspondence in number, case, gender, person, or some other formal category between syntactically connected words, esp. between one or more subordinate words and the word or words upon which they depend; selection by one word of the matching formal subclass, or category, in another word syntactically construed with the first.
7. See collective agreement.
a. an expression of assent by two or more parties to the same object.
b. the phraseology, written or oral, of an exchange of promises.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.