Pronunciation: (am"yu-nish'un), [key]
1. the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and esp. shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns.
2. the means of igniting or exploding such material, as primers, fuzes, and gunpowder.
3. any material, means, weapons, etc., used in any conflict: a crude ammunition of stones.
4. information, advice, or supplies to help defend or attack a viewpoint, argument, or claim: Give me some ammunition for the debate.
5. Obs.any military supplies.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.