Pronunciation: (an'u, ä'nu), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/ana.html on line 85 [key]
1. a collection of miscellaneous information about a particular subject, person, place, or thing.
2. an item in such a collection, as an anecdote, a memorable saying, etc.
Pronunciation: (an'u), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/ana.html on line 106 [key]
(of ingredients in pharmaceutical prescriptions) in equal quantities; of each. Symbol: aa, āa
a prefix in loanwords from Greek, where it means “up,” “against,” “back,” “re-”: anabasis; used in the formation of compound words: anacardiaceous. Also, esp. before a vowel,an-.
a suffix that forms collective nouns denoting an assembly of items, as household objects, art, books, or maps, or a description of such items, as a bibliography, all of which are representative of or associated with the place, person, or period named by the stem: Americana; Shakespeareana; Victoriana. Also,-iana.
1. American Newspaper Association.
2. American Nurses Association.
3. Association of National Advertisers. Also,ANA
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.