Pronunciation: (u-nat'u-mē), [key]
1. the science dealing with the structure of animals and plants.
2. the structure of an animal or plant, or of any of its parts.
3. dissection of all or part of an animal or plant in order to study its structure.
4. a plant or animal that has been or will be dissected, or a model of such a dissected organism.
5. a skeleton.
6. Informal.the human body.
7. an analysis or minute examination.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.