Pronunciation: (an'dur-sun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/anderson.html on line 139 [key]
1. Carl David, 1905–91, U.S. physicist: discoverer of the positron; Nobel prize 1936.
2. Dame Judith, 1898–1992, Australian actress in the U.S.
3. Marian, 1902–93, U.S. contralto.
4. Maxwell, 1888–1959, U.S. dramatist.
5. Philip Warren, born 1923, U.S. physicist: developer of solid-state circuitry; Nobel prize 1977.
6. Sherwood, 1876–1941, U.S. novelist and short-story writer.
7. a city in central Indiana. 64,695.
8. a city in NW South Carolina. 27,313.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.