Pronunciation: (ang'glō-in'dē-un), [key]
1. belonging to, relating to, or involving England and India, esp. as politically associated: Anglo-Indian treaties.
2. of or pertaining to Anglo-Indians or their speech.
1. a person of English and Indian ancestry.
2. the speech of such persons, characterized by the Anglicizations of Indian words. Abbr.: AInd
3. a person of English birth or citizenship living in India.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.