Pronunciation: (an'yOO-ul), [key]
1. of, for, or pertaining to a year; yearly: annual salary.
2. occurring or returning once a year: an annual celebration.
3. Bot.living only one growing season, as beans or corn.
4. performed or executed during a year: the annual course of the sun.
5. Entomol.living or lasting but one season or year, as certain insects or colonies of insects.
1. Bot.a plant living only one year or season.
2. a book, report, etc., published annually.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.