Pronunciation: (u-nu&thslash;'ur), [key]
1. being one more or more of the same; further; additional: another piece of cake.
2. different; distinct; of a different period, place, or kind: at another time; another man.
3. very similar to; of the same kind or category as: What we need today is another Thomas Jefferson.
1. one more; an additional one: That first hot dog tasted so good I'd like another.
2. a different one; something different: going from one house to another.
3. one like the first: one copy for her and another for him.
4. a person other than oneself or the one specified: He told her he loved another.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.