Pronunciation: (en'ē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/any.html on line 71 [key]
1. one, a, an, or some; one or more without specification or identification: If you have any witnesses, produce them. Pick out any six you like.
2. whatever or whichever it may be: cheap at any price.
3. in whatever quantity or number, great or small; some: Do you have any butter?
4. every; all: Any schoolboy would know that. Read any books you find on the subject.
5. (following a negative) at all: She can't endure any criticism.
1. an unspecified person or persons; anybody; anyone: He does better than any before him.
2. a single one or ones; an unspecified thing or things; a quantity or number: We don't have any left.
1. in whatever degree; to some extent; at all: Do you feel any better?
2. any which way, in any manner whatever; indifferently or carelessly: Doing your work any which way is just not good enough.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.