Pronunciation: (u-pä'), [key]
a tree, Eperua falcata, of tropical America, having reddish-brown wood used in the construction of houses.
Pronunciation: (ä'pä), [key]
a river in central South America that flows W along the E Paraguay-SW Brazil border to the Paraguay River. ab. 125 mi. (200 km) long.
1. American Psychiatric Association.
2. American Psychological Association.
1. American Philological Association.
2. American Protective Association.
3. American Protestant Association.
4. American Psychiatric Association.
5. American Psychological Association.
6. Associate in Public Administration.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.