Pronunciation: (u-pen'dunt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/appendant.html on line 83 [key]
1. attached or suspended; annexed.
2. associated as an accompaniment or consequence: the salary appendant to a position.
3. Law.pertaining to a legal appendant.
1. a person or thing attached or added.
2. Law.any subordinate possession or right historically annexed to or dependent on a greater one and automatically passing with it, as by sale or inheritance. Also,ap•pend'ent.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.