Pronunciation: (apt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/apt.html on line 77 [key]
1. inclined; disposed; given; prone: too apt to slander others.
2. likely: Am I apt to find him at home?
3. unusually intelligent; able to learn quickly and easily: an apt pupil.
4. suited to the purpose or occasion; appropriate: an apt metaphor; a few apt remarks on world peace.
5. Archaic.prepared; ready; willing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.