Pronunciation: (u-rānj'), [key]
—v., -ranged, -rang•ing.
1. to place in proper, desired, or convenient order; adjust properly: to arrange books on a shelf.
2. to come to an agreement or understanding regarding: The two sides arranged the sale of the property.
3. to prepare or plan: to arrange the details of a meeting.
4. Music.to adapt (a composition) for a particular style of performance by voices or instruments.
1. to make plans or preparations: They arranged for a conference on Wednesday.
2. to make a settlement; come to an agreement: to arrange with the coal company for regular deliveries.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.