Pronunciation: (u-rānj'munt), [key]
1. an act of arranging; state of being arranged.
2. the manner or way in which things are arranged: a tactful arrangement of the seating at dinner.
3. a final settlement; adjustment by agreement: The arrangement with the rebels lasted only two weeks.
4. Usually, arrangements. preparatory measures; plans; preparations: They made arrangements for an early departure.
5. something arranged in a particular way: a floral arrangement; the arrangement of chairs for the seminar.
a. the adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments, or to a new purpose.
b. a piece so adapted.
7. final arrangements, the planning or scheduling of funeral services and burial: Final arrangements are still pending.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.