Pronunciation: (ar'ō-hed"), [key]
1. the head or tip of an arrow, usually separable from the shaft and conventionally wedge-shaped.
2. anything resembling or having the conventional shape of an arrowhead.
3. any aquatic or bog plant of the genus Sagittaria, having usually arrowhead-shaped leaves and clusters of white flowers.
4. any of several other plants having arrowhead-shaped leaves.
5. the dartlike form in an egg-and-dart ornament.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.