Pronunciation: (at; unstressed ut, it), [key]
1. (used to indicate a point or place occupied in space); in, on, or near: to stand at the door; at the bottom of the barrel.
2. (used to indicate a location or position, as in time, on a scale, or in order): at zero; at noon; at age 65; at the end; at the lowest point.
3. (used to indicate presence or location): at home; at hand.
4. (used to indicate amount, degree, or rate): at great speed; at high altitudes.
5. (used to indicate a direction, goal, or objective); toward: Aim at the mark. Look at that.
6. (used to indicate occupation or involvement): at work; at play.
7. (used to indicate a state or condition): at ease; at peace.
8. (used to indicate a cause or source): She was annoyed at his stupidity.
9. (used to indicate a method or manner): He spoke at length.
10. (used to indicate relative quality or value): at one's best; at cost.
11. be at (someone), to be sexually aggressive toward (a person): She's pregnant again because he's at her morning, noon, and night.
12. where it's at, Informal.the place where the most interesting or exciting things happen: Emma says that Rome is definitely where it's at now.
Pronunciation: (ät, at), [key]
a money of account of Laos, the 100th part of a kip.
var. of ad- before t: attend.
1. achievement test.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.