Pronunciation: (u-trak'shun), [key]
1. the act, power, or property of attracting.
2. attractive quality; magnetic charm; fascination; allurement; enticement: the subtle attraction of her strange personality.
3. a person or thing that draws, attracts, allures, or entices: The main attraction was the after-dinner speaker.
4. a characteristic or quality that provides pleasure; attractive feature: The chief attractions of the evening were the good drinks and witty conversation.
5. Physics.the electric or magnetic force that acts between oppositely charged bodies, tending to draw them together.
6. an entertainment offered to the public.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.