Pronunciation: (ô-rik'yu-lur), [key]
1. of or pertaining to the ear or to the sense of hearing; aural.
2. perceived by or addressed to the ear; made in private: an auricular confession.
3. dependent on hearing; understood or known by hearing: auricular evidence.
4. shaped like an ear; auriculate.
5. Anat.pertaining to an auricle of the heart.
6. Ornith.pertaining to certain often modified feathers that cover and protect the opening of a bird's ear.
Usually, auriculars. Ornith.feathers that cover and protect the opening of a bird's ear.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.