Pronunciation: (ban'dē), [key]
—v., -died, -dy•ing,
—adj., n., pl. -dies.
1. to pass from one to another or back and forth; give and take; trade; exchange: to bandy blows; to bandy words.
2. to throw or strike to and fro or from side to side, as a ball in tennis.
3. to circulate freely: to bandy gossip.
(of legs) having a bend or crook outward; bowed: a new method for correcting bandy legs.
1. an early form of tennis.
2. Chiefly Brit.(formerly) hockey or shinny.
3. Obs.a hockey or shinny stick.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.