Pronunciation: (bā'urd), [key]
1. a magical legendary horse in medieval chivalric romances.
2. a mock-heroic name for any horse.
3. (l.c.) Archaic.a bay horse.
Pronunciation: (bā'urd; for 1 also Fr. ba-yar'), [key]
1. Pierre Ter•rail Pronunciation: (pyer te-ra'yu), [key] Sei•gneur de Pronunciation: (se-nyœr' du), [key] (“the knight without fear and without reproach”), 1473–1524, heroic French soldier.
2. any man of heroic courage and unstained honor.
3. a male given name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.