Pronunciation: (bēst), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/beast.html on line 73 [key]
1. any nonhuman animal, esp. a large, four-footed mammal.
2. the crude animal nature common to humans and the lower animals: Hunger brought out the beast in him.
3. a cruel, coarse, filthy, or otherwise beastlike person.
4. a live creature, as distinguished from a plant: What manner of beast is this?
5. the beast,the Antichrist. Rev. 13:18.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.