Pronunciation: (bed'furd), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bedford.html on line 101 [key]
1. John of Lancaster, Duke of, 1389–1435, English regent of France.
2. a city in N Texas. 20,821.
3. a city in NE Ohio, near Cleveland. 15,056.
4. a city in S Indiana. 14,410.
5. a city in NE Massachusetts. 13,067.
6. former name of North Bedfordshire.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.