Pronunciation: (belch), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/belch.html on line 73 [key]
1. to eject gas spasmodically and noisily from the stomach through the mouth; eruct.
2. to emit contents violently, as a gun, geyser, or volcano.
3. to issue spasmodically; gush forth: Fire and smoke belched from the dragon's mouth.
to eject (gas or the like) spasmodically or violently; give forth: a chimney belching smoke.
1. an instance of belching; eructation.
2. a violent emittance of flame, smoke, gas, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.