Pronunciation: (bel'frē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/belfry.html on line 71 [key]
1. a bell tower, either attached to a church or other building or standing apart.
2. the part of a steeple or other structure in which a bell is hung.
3. a frame of timberwork that holds or encloses a bell.
4. Slang.head; mind: a belfry full of curious notions.
5. have bats in one's belfry. See bat 2 (def. 3).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.