Pronunciation: (bē-ond', bi-yond'), [key]
1. on, at, or to the farther side of: Beyond those trees you'll find his house.
2. farther on than; more distant than: beyond the horizon; beyond the sea.
3. outside the understanding, limits, or reach of; past: beyond comprehension; beyond endurance; beyond help.
4. superior to; surpassing; above: wise beyond all others.
5. more than; in excess of; over and above: to stay beyond one's welcome.
farther on or away: as far as the house and beyond.
a. that which is at a great distance.
b. Also,the great beyond.the afterlife; life after death.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.