Pronunciation: (bīn'ding), [key]
1. the act of fastening, securing, uniting, or the like.
2. anything that binds.
3. the covering within which the leaves of a book are bound.
4. a strip of material that protects or decorates the edge of a tablecloth, rug, etc.
5. Skiing.a mechanical device on a ski, usually made of metal, that fastens the boot securely to the ski.
1. that binds; restrictive.
2. having power to bind or oblige; obligatory: a binding promise.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.