Pronunciation: (blām), [key]
—v., blamed, blam•ing,
1. to hold responsible; find fault with; censure: I don't blame you for leaving him.
2. to place the responsibility for (a fault, error, etc.) (usually fol. by on): I blame the accident on her.
3. Informal.blast; damn (used as a mild curse): Blame the rotten luck.
4. to blame, at fault; censurable: I am to blame for his lateness.
1. an act of attributing fault; censure; reproof: The judge said he found nothing to justify blame in the accident.
2. responsibility for anything deserving of censure: We must all share the blame for this deplorable condition.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.