Pronunciation: (blangk; Fr. blän), [key]
—pl. blancsPronunciation: (blangks; Fr. blän). [key]
1. a silver coin of France of the 14th–18th centuries, debased in later years.
2. an Anglo-Gallic copy of this coin, issued by Henry VI.
3. French Cookery.a liquid for poaching meat, fish, or vegetables, often containing wine, herbs, and vegetables; court-bouillon.
Pronunciation: (blän), [key]
1. Jean Jo•seph Charles Louis Pronunciation: (zhän zhô-zef' sharl lwē), [key] 1811–82, French socialist and historian.
2. Mont. See Mont Blanc (def. 1).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.