Pronunciation: (blā'zun), [key]
1. to set forth conspicuously or publicly; display; proclaim: The pickets blazoned their grievances on placards.
2. to adorn or embellish, esp. brilliantly or showily.
3. to describe in heraldic terminology.
4. to depict (heraldic arms or the like) in proper form and color.
1. an escutcheon; coat of arms.
2. the heraldic description of armorial bearings.
3. conspicuous display.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.