Pronunciation: (blē'ding), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bleeding.html on line 71 [key]
1. the act, fact, or process of losing blood or having blood flow.
2. the act or process of drawing blood from a person, esp. surgically; bloodletting.
3. the extension of color beyond an edge or border, esp. so as to combine with a contiguous color or to affect an adjacent area.
1. sending forth blood: a bleeding sore.
2. feeling, expressing, or characterized by extreme or excessive anguish and compassion.
3. Brit. Slang.(used as an intensifier): bleeding fool.
Brit. Slang.(used as an intensifier): a bleeding silly idea.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.