Pronunciation: (bles'id; esp. for 3, 7 blest), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/blessed.html on line 77 [key]
1. consecrated; sacred; holy; sanctified: the Blessed Sacrament.
2. worthy of adoration, reverence, or worship: the Blessed Trinity.
3. divinely or supremely favored; fortunate: to be blessed with a strong, healthy body; blessed with an ability to find friends.
4. blissfully happy or contented.
5. Rom. Cath. Ch.beatified.
6. bringing happiness and thankfulness: the blessed assurance of a steady income.
7. Informal.damned: I'm blessed if I know.
8. Informal.(used as an intensifier): every blessed cent. Also,blest.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.