Pronunciation: (blud'ē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bloody.html on line 75 [key]
—adj., blood•i•er, blood•i•est,
—v., blood•ied, blood•y•ing,
1. stained or covered with blood: a bloody handkerchief.
2. bleeding: a bloody nose.
3. characterized by bloodshed: bloody battle; a bloody rule.
4. inclined to bloodshed; bloodthirsty: a bloody dictator.
5. of, pertaining to, or resembling blood; containing or composed of blood: bloody tissue.
6. Slang.(used as an intensifier): a bloody shame; a bloody nuisance.
1. to stain or smear with blood.
2. to cause to bleed, as by a blow or accident: to bloody someone's nose.
Slang.(used as an intensifier): bloody awful; bloody wonderful.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.