Pronunciation: (blō'out"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/blowout.html on line 71 [key]
1. a sudden bursting or rupture of an automobile tire.
2. a sudden or violent escape of air, steam, or the like.
3. a hollow formed in a region of shifting sands or light soil by the action of the wind.
4. an uncontrollable escape of oil, gas, or water from a well.
6. Slang.a lavish party or entertainment.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.