Pronunciation: (bō-hē'mē-un), [key]
1. a native or inhabitant of Bohemia.
2. (usually l.c.) a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices.
3. the Czech language, esp. as spoken in Bohemia.
4. a Gypsy.
1. of or pertaining to Bohemia, its people, or their language.
2. (usually l.c.) pertaining to or characteristic of the unconventional life of a bohemian.
3. living a wandering or vagabond life, as a Gypsy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.