1. to attack or batter with artillery fire.
2. to attack with bombs.
3. to assail vigorously: to bombard the speaker with questions.
4. Physics.to direct high energy particles or radiations against: to bombard a nucleus.
1. the earliest kind of cannon, originally throwing stone balls.
2. Naut.See bomb ketch.
3. an English leather tankard of the 18th century and earlier, similar to but larger than a blackjack.
4. Obs.a leather jug.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.