Pronunciation: (bOO'mur), [key]
1. a person or thing that booms.
2. a person who settles in areas or towns that are booming.
3. Informal.See baby boomer.
4. Informal.a wandering or migratory worker; hobo.
5. a period of sudden and decisive economic growth: July was a boomer for the retail trade.
6. Informal.a person, fad, etc., that enjoys a brief popularity or financial success: A new group of boomers made this season's hit record.
7. an enthusiastic supporter; booster: The boomers tell us our town can double its size.
8. Australian.a fully grown male kangaroo, esp. a large one.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.