Pronunciation: (bOOt'leg"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bootleg.html on line 75 [key]
—n., v., -legged, -leg•ging,
1. alcoholic liquor unlawfully made, sold, or transported, without registration or payment of taxes.
2. the part of a boot that covers the leg.
3. something, as a recording, made, reproduced, or sold illegally or without authorization: a flurry of bootlegs to cash in on the rock star's death.
to deal in (liquor or other goods) unlawfully.
to make, transport, or sell something, esp. liquor, illegally or without registration or payment of taxes.
1. made, sold, or transported unlawfully.
2. illegal or clandestine.
3. of or pertaining to bootlegging.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.