Pronunciation: (booz'um, bOO'zum), [key]
1. the breast of a human being.
2. the breasts of a woman.
3. the part of a garment that covers the breast.
4. the breast, conceived of as the center of feelings or emotions.
5. something likened to the human breast: the bosom of the earth.
6. a state of enclosing intimacy; warm closeness: the bosom of the family.
1. of, pertaining to, or worn on or over the bosom.
2. intimate or confidential: a bosom friend.
1. to take to the bosom; embrace; cherish.
2. to hide from view; conceal.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.